Re: canvas notes

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 20:06 +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > So random thoughts.
>
> A few more random thoughts:
>
> - Zooming is more than just setting a transformation matrix because
>   the reason you want to zoom is to see more details. So somehow a
>   model needs to be aware of how much detail should be drawn.

Text is extra tricky here. Do you want zooming to show you more text, or
do you want it to make the font larger. Even if you choose to just make
the font larger the text object won't scale linearly with the
magnification, because of font hinting etc. I guess you could avoid this
by always rendering text unhinted, positioned using non-device
coordinates, but this will cause pretty unreadable text.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly white trash barbarian in a wheelchair. She's a high-kicking
gold-digging schoolgirl with the power to see death. They fight crime!