GTK+ 2.6.10 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.6.10 released
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:18:37 -0400
GTK+ 2.6.10 is now available for download at:
gtk+-2.6.10.tar.bz2 md5sum: 520090ef291e35ba93397060e20f5025
gtk+-2.6.10.tar.gz md5sum: 2683ef3ac133ed69bc12691d9bb3edab
This is a bug fix release and is source and binary compatible
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
pdevelopers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.6 is found at:
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.6.9 to GTK+ 2.6.10
* Fix an crasher bug when using submenus together
with window groups. This bug affected epiphany.
* Fix bug that can lead to segfaults when icon
themes are updated.
* Updated translations (et,ne)
18 August 2005
] [Thread Prev