Re: Should g_get_host_name() as fallback return "localhost" instead of "unknown"?

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
I notice that a code snippet in Evolution (and there is similar code
also in other places) which could be replaced with a call to
g_get_host_name() uses "localhost" as fallback. Indeed, this is more
logical than "unknown". Anybody object to changing g_get_host_name()?

I agree that it would be a sounder api but wouldn't that be
some strain of API/ABI breakage ?

if anybody strcmp's "unknown" for any other reason than to substitute
it for "localhost", there apps will break.

My 2 cents,
                                 -Tristan