Please do read previous responses on your mail decently... This is the
development list OF gtk, not WITH gtk. There are other lists for these questions.

> I am working on gtk+1.2.10 redhat linux.

As stated in this reply to your previous questions:

gtk+1.2 is discontinued. We are at version 2.6.6 of gtk+2!

> When i used it in the following program i got the following error:
> [root localhost test]# make
> gcc `gtk-config --cflags`  foc.c -o foc `gtk-config --libs`
> [root localhost test]# ./foc

> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1427 (gtk_widget_show): assertion
`widget != NULL' failed.

>  Hi

> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1427 (gtk_widget_show): assertion
`widget != NULL' failed.

your gtk_grab_get_current returns NULL because you did not grabbed a widget
before. gtk_widget_show needs a widget as input.Luckily for you it checks if
the pointer to the widget != NULL, otherwise your program will just segfault
because of a NULL pointer.

So please take your questions now to an appropriate mailing list like
gtk-app-devel-list. Also if you want support move to gtk+2!

| Philippe De Swert
| Stag developer
| Emdebian developer:
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)

NOTE! My email address is changing to ...
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.