Re: Themable colors

Hey Nickolay,

> Currently there is no way to edit theme, why palette should be editable?
> It can be adjusted from user gtkrc files as now background can be
> adjusted. Proper color settings could be hard-coded by theme author, but
> it would be hard for user to
> quickly select palette that looks well with the user's theme.

Right, it would be not all that easy, but the current situation is a
little too restricting. Maybe you'd like Thinice in beige shades. Well,
unless you know how to edit the gtkrc (and that there is such thing as
the gtkrc) you can't do that. You could on the other hand take a little
time and select some custom colors. With an instant preview of your
selection in a small preview-pane, this is very handy. Many themes come
in different color schemes, that would after all be superfluously with
an editable palette. You could OTOH still ship them... just by making
some more palettes available.

> > - How can themes adapt to the user-selected stock colors ? Do we add new
> > rc file syntax like fg[NORMAL] = stock-color("foreground") ?
>
> I thought that stock colors should be addition to current theme, not
> replacement
> of existing services. That means that the only addition to rc file
> syntax is
> ability to specify stock color like
>
> stock_color["evolution-important-mail"] = "#a5a5a5a"

Now, firstly as I said above, I'd like to seem them as a whole sale
replacement, to be edited by the users, if they wish. Furthermore, there
is no point in defining
stock_color["evolution-important-mail"] = "#a5a5a5a"
after all we're heading for more consistency. Therefore defining a
separate color for evolution would just be counterproductive, imho. It
should be
stock_color[IMPORTANT] = "#F03333"

Take care!

David