Re: gobject API docs and tutorial merge : stage 1

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:03 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've not stated with the document merge. The current result is available at:
> http://www.buzztard.org/apidocs/gobject/
>
> I currently think about how to best merge the duplicate info from Introduction
> and Concepts/Introduction.
>
> Next thing is to add links from concepts and tutorial text to API docs.
>
> Would be nice if you can try and comment, if it generally looks good (the order
> of information, document structure).

Hey Stefan,

the general structure looks sound. I have some detailed comments:

In the Concepts, "Object instanciation" should probably be "Object
instantiation".

I haven't heard the term "messaging system" in connection with GSignal
so far. It would probably be better to speak of a "notification
mechanism".

In the Tutorial, we should definitively mention G_DEFINE_TYPE as the
convenient way to define types.

I'm not sure we really need a "Related Tools" part. If we decide to keep
it, it should perhaps mention gob as well.

Matthias