Re: XChat seems to be ignoring the LGPL

Just out of curiousity, are those conditions AND or OR?

Taybin

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
Sent: Sep 9, 2004 1:51 PM
To: Matthew William Solloway Bell <m bell bvrh co uk>
Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: XChat seems to be ignoring the LGPL

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:20, Matthew William Solloway Bell wrote:
> I'm just informing you that, from what I have seen, the 'Official'
> build of XChat for Windows v. 2.4.0[1] seems to be ignoring the license
> on GTK. I'm not sure how important this is or even if I am correct.
> There is further information[2] on the forum[3]. Do with this
> information as you will :)

Unless XChat for Windows is being shipped:

 - Statically linked to GTK+
 - Without the object files to relink against a modified GTK+

Then there is no GTK+-related license issue. GTK+ is licensed under
the LGPL, not the GPL, precisely so that it can be used in
applications under all sorts of licensing terms.

Any other questions are up to Peter Zelezny to sort out with xchat
contributors.