Debugging g_main_context_poll

Hi, are there any good techniques to debug apps that seem to get stuck
in the g_main_context_poll, i.e. find out what poll_func() is hanging?

I know of the G_MAIN_POLL_DEBUG flag in glib/gmain.c, but I don't get
enough info about the poll_func() that is causing the problem.

This  is in the context of trying to debug the GDK/DirectFB layer
using sylpheed-gtk-2.0, and the send_progress dialog box ends up in
the g_main_context_poll. i.e. sits in poll()...

Are there ways to control the timeout per specific instance instead of
- 1? Or anything to narrow down the cause of the problem  (the same
code works under GTK+ 2.4.7 and Glib 2.4.6, but not with the SDL-based
same DirectFB/GTK+ environment).

thx, Kent