g_filename_to_utf8 limitations on Win32

Guys (and especially Tor),

I was trying to use the new encoding scheme for 2.6 today when I was writing a simple application which is passed filenames on the command line (I need this under win32 so that I can support explorer's "Open with..." system without using COM). The problem is that in this case argv[i] is in filename encoding under Unix and locale encoding under win32 so the application has to call either g_filename_to_utf8 (Unix) or g_locale_to_utf8 (win32) which is pretty messy. I've been trying to think of how we could improve this but I haven't thought of anything better than adding yet another function and another encoding domain. Any better ideas?

Cheers,

--
J. Ali Harlow
ali juiblex co uk