cross compiling glib

Hello,

I'm currently trying to cross-compile glib 1.2 for sh3eb-linux and
while I run configure program
I got error message saying "Checking for extra flags to get ANSI library
prototypes ...
cannot run test program while cross compiling".
I 've checked quite a lot on this mailing list archive ... I found
things about genmarshal or compiling on native and then cross ..... (or
something like this) ...
Unfortunately I still don't understand quite well what should I do to be
able to configure and then make glib when using a cross-compiler.

Thanks in advance.

Suresh