Re: canvas stuff

Hi Gustavo:

Your suggestion of a 'retained mode' (i.e. has a memory) canvas widget
on top of Cairo makes sense to me.  As for gnome-canvas, I recognize
that it's problematic,  but as you infer below, I don't see a
particularly nice alternative at the moment.  Personally I think it
would be better to try and keep gnome-canvas on life support until Cairo
is ready...

= Bill