Re: import a new module on cvs.gnome.org

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 14:40 +0100, Mathieu Lacage wrote:

> I would like to import a new module in cvs.gnome.org: a few people
> contribute patches and work from time to time and it might make it
> easier for them to do so if they can access the latest CVS tree. It
> would be the source xml and sample source code for my gobject
> documentation http://le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/ for which a personal
> CVS tree already exists on one of my machines.
>
> Since that documentation is currently covered by a rather non-free
> license (ie: it has no license and redistributing is not permitted
> unless I, the copyright owner, explicitly allows it), I assume I should
> at least allow use and distribution under the terms of a more
> appropriate license. I got a bit burned by the FDL in the past so, I
> welcome input on what  users would find more appropriate. I would like
> to point out that I will probably request (although not require)
> copyright assignments for contributions to this module.

Is there a chance that this could be folded into the Glib reference
docs?  The license for those is in glib/docs/reference/COPYING.  I'm not
sure if it is the FDL or not.

At least one other person is working on GObject documentation; look for
Ryan McDougall's mails in the gtk-devel-list archive.  Maybe it would be
good to merge these two manuals together, and stick them into the Glib
docs?

  Federico

  Federico