Re: compiling glib 2.4.1

Tor wrote :

> I don't understand you here. Are you building glib
> statically?
Well I used either GLIB_STATIC_COMPILATION and
GLIB_COMPILATION (flags for Mingw) and the result is
exactly the same.

> What do you then mean by "export"? You mean how to
 > make those symbols not  visible in the static
library? I
> don't think it is a problem even if
> they are visible, as they have the _g_ prefix
> precisely for that
> reason, to avoid the risk of clashing with other
> symbols in an
> application or other libraries linked to it.
I thought the same, more is often better than less ...
:-)
Well, what I think (I stongly may be wrong) is that
gdk and gtk libs where built linked to glib .a and
.lib files you gave on your website. And I think if I
want to see my glib files working with gdk and gtk I
will have to compile them also. (too much work).
Well I have decided to stop boring people with this.
After all I can use my own glib files separatly from
gtk/gdk ...
I have released my package GTK+ 2.4.1 for DevC++ and
also a GTK+ 2.4.1 runtime for windows. I used the
"official" files (from Tor's website) to make them,
nothing from my glib files (I prefer precise).
I will now use time to build a small website to
propose it soon.

Benoît "GTKool" Carpentier