Re: compiling glib 2.4.1

BENOIT CARPENTIER writes:
 > If use the glib librairie I compiled myself it produces some errors
 > ... (I apologize I posted emails on gtk-devel-list about this ...).

No need to apologize. In fact, I much prefer not to get personal mail
about GLib and GTK+ on Windows. I prefer to discuss it on the
appropriate mailing list. (I have Cc:ed this reply the the
gtk-devel-list.)

 > In fact, my problem I think is that all _g_***
 > functions are exported on my glib-2.0.dll.
 > How not to export these _g_**** functions ?

Use the .def file? That's why it's there.

 > DevC++ is using Mingw libs, so I was obliged to use
 > -DGLIB_STATIC_COMPILATION flag when compiling. Is there any other
 > flags to tell to gcc ?

I don't understand you here. Are you building glib statically? What do
you then mean by "export"? You mean how to make those symbols not
visible in the static library? I don't think it is a problem even if
they are visible, as they have the _g_ prefix precisely for that
reason, to avoid the risk of clashing with other symbols in an
application or other libraries linked to it.

 > I tried gtkfilechooser, that's a great progress of GTK+ ! This new
 > GTK+ 2.4.1 is good work !

Thanks.

--tml