Re: Glib

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:23:29PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> It would be nice if Glib could be built into a small C library than only
> had ADT's in it. This way, many small projects could take advantage of
> these data types, without loosing portability. The goal of CGDB is to
> port anywhere that GDB ports.
>
> If I was to change Glib, so that you could do ./configure --only_adt or
> something like that, and it would make a smaller library that only
> contained the ADT's, would this be considered acceptable?

[note: i'm not one of the people who would make this decision]

Most users are going to install glib through a binary package.  This
would require two separate upstream packages for glib, and the ensuing
confusion is enough to scare both users and packagers away.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort.  A stripped glib is only half a meg
anyway.

--
Evan Martin
martine danga com