Glib

Hi,

I am the author of an open source project called CGDB. It is a curses
based interface to the GDB. CGDB is written in C. I have been searching
the Internet for a good C library that contains useful abstract data
types.

Glib is the closest thing I could find. However, it seems that Glib
contains a lot more than what I need. g_threads, ...

It would be nice if Glib could be built into a small C library than only
had ADT's in it. This way, many small projects could take advantage of
these data types, without loosing portability. The goal of CGDB is to
port anywhere that GDB ports.

If I was to change Glib, so that you could do ./configure --only_adt or
something like that, and it would make a smaller library that only
contained the ADT's, would this be considered acceptable?

For example, I would only include parts of the library that are not OS
specific. Such things could be garray, ghash, glist, gqueue, gtree,
gstring, gcompletion, ...
This way, Glib could still work the way it always has, but other people
could take advantage of only the valuable ADT's that have derived over
time.

If this is possible, then more open source projects could take advantage
of part of Glib and contribute back bug fixes and more. Otherwise, I'll
probably just take what I need out of Glib and modify it for my own
needs. I really think this is a bad idea, so I was hoping some sort of
solution would present itself.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi