Re: glib 2.3.3 and Windows

On 2004.03.01 05:53 Tor Lillqvist wrote:
J. Ali Harlow writes:
 > <owen> A) We make GPid a handle, and add g_spawn_close_pid () which
 > is a no-op on Unix

Is it really? Shouldn't it do something like waitpid() on Unix? Hmm,
not really, as it shouldn't actually wait, but how does one tell Unix
not to leave a child process as a zombie, *after* having forked it
with SIGCHLD not ignored?

Hmm, or actually I guess the double-forking in gspawn.c takes care of
that?

Argh, this is complicated...

Sure is :-) But I think the idea of g_spawn_close_pid is just to close
the process handle. Under WIN32 this might reap a zombie process if it's
the last handle, but UNIX has no such concept so it can't (we can't tell
if the application still has a GPid open which refers to the same process).

In any case, why should we worry about UNIX? There are plenty of others
who can do that!

Cheers,

--
J. Ali Harlow