Re: Sheet and Drawer widgets

W liście z czw, 15-07-2004, godz. 22:58, Owen Taylor pisze:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 22:47, Ken Harris wrote:
> > I once saw an interview with Owen Taylor where he said he'd like to see
> > somebody implement Mac-style drawers, for possible inclusion in some
> > future version of Gtk+.  Being crazy (or dumb) enough to think this
> > would be easy, I decided to give it a try.  You can see what I've done
> > so far:
> >
> > http://bitpoetry.com/programs/gtksheetsanddrawers/
> >
> > It's not something you can really use yet, but it's kind of fun to play
> > with.  The next step is to make them into real GtkWidgets, and polish
> > them up so they're usable in real applications.  If you want to help,
> > please do!  I'm new to Gtk+ and still trying to figure this stuff out.
>
> Cool, cc'ing gtk-devel-list on the response so that the appropriate
> set of people see this. (Usually we are trying to chase things *off*
> gtk-devel-list...)

Cool thing, especially sheets are totally sweet idea, but I have some
concerns regarding drawers. Back in pre-aqua, QTPlayer 4.0[1] days, when
Apple was only introducing drawers (using them for playlists), they were
quite cumbersome from UI POV. They had serious problems with screen real
estate, which influenced how much of drawer is visible, and if there
wasn't enough space, they wouldn't show up at all. Now that drawers seem
standard and heavily used part of OSX, are these issues somehow solved?

[1] It's actually hard to believe it was made by apple, it sucked so
hard in UI area.

Cheers,
Maciej

--