Re: Creating objects without deriving from GObject

Thanks for the prompt reply Scott, I appreciate it! However there are
still some broader questions. GObjectClass provides dispose and finalize
methods; do I have to provide the same for my class? Are there no other
interactions I need to know about if I'm not deriving from GObject?

On Tue, 2004-13-07 at 07:57 -0400, muppet wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2004, at 10:00 PM, Ryan McDougall wrote:
>
> > How does one Choose a GType number so it doesn't collide?
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Type-
> Information.html#g-type-fundamental-next

I failed to notice this detail, thanks for pointing it out. But a
question remains, why doesn't g_type_register_fundamental not call this
function without bothering to ask the user?

> > Where are the fundamental flags documented?
>
> i trust you've already seen
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Type-
> Information.html#GTypeFundamentalFlags  and
> http://le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/ .

I indeed have read the preceding, and can guess what the first 3 flags
mean, but those simple half sentence explanations don't really tell me
what the flags imply. I guess I was hoping for more.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Ryan