GtkFileSystem (was Re: GNOME CVS: gtk+ hans)

At 16:59 28.01.04 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
>On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 16:46, Gnome CVS User wrote:
>> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
>> * gtk/stock-icons/stock_network_(16|24).png : new GTK_STOCK_NETWORK ...
>> gtk/gtkstock.[hc] : ... define ...
>> gtk/gtkiconfactory.c : ... register ...
>
>I think I missed where this API addition was discussed. Can you give me
>a bug reference or mailing list link?

Sorry I thought this was ok following the discussion from :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-November/msg00002.html

and also :

2004-01-04  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>

	* gtk/gtkfilesystemwin32.c : adapt to GtkFileSystemIFace changes

	* gtk/gtk-stock.[hc] gtk/gtkiconfactory.c
	  gtk/stock-icons/Makefile.am gtk/stock-icons/makefile.msc :
	  gtk/stock-icons/stock_harddisk_16.png
	  gtk/stock-icons/stock_harddisk_24.png
	Harddisk stock icons for file system implementations. Beside
	FLOPPY and CDROM there is now HARDDISK, probably some
	GTK_STOCK_NETWORK would be useful, but I could not find one.

> What's the source of the icon image?

I've got them in private mail with this comment

  "Attached icons come from gnome-icon-theme under filesystem directory for
   network purpose."

>> * tests/testfilechooser.c (no_backup_files_filter) : don't crash
>> on filter_info->display_name being NULL
>
>This change looks very suspicious to me. Every file should have a
>display name.

Maybe it's just again only curing the symptom not the problem, but
apparently only the msvcrt::str functions are crashing on NULL
pointers. IIRC I got this special crash always when using
the side panel to switch between volumes ...

	Hans