- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GTK+ development mailing list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS
- Date: 23 Jan 2004 17:50:03 +0100
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 22:58, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> The gnome-vfs backend for GtkFileChooser seems to be working very well.
> I think now is an appropriate time to move it from its own
> "gtkfilechooser" module on CVS to somewhere like libgnomeui or gnome-vfs
> We have little time to figure out how to expose this to applications,
> unfortunately. The original plan was to magically load a shared library
> at program startup as a type of factory for a GtkFileSystem
> implementation; GTK+-only programs would use GtkFileSystemUnix, and
> programs that use gnome-vfs would use GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS.
I thought we decided to put it in gnome-vfs, normally packaged so that
the gtk+ part is in a subpackage. This does make the build deps a bit
weird, but who cares as long as they are not circular.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed gay farmboy who must take medication to keep him sane. She's
an orphaned punk Hell's Angel living on borrowed time. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev