GtkToolbar - 2 sizes needed ...

Hi Soeren,

	Arvind is having a look at converting BonoboUIToolbar to GtkToolbar
inside libbonoboui - so we get key-navigability, in a first pass simple
/ keep-the-UI-xml-structure-for-now type fashion.

	One thing that struck me as I looked at it is that the BonoboUIToolbar
provides 2 sizes:

	a) size_request:
		returns the size of the popout button with
	associated maximum height for either orientation.
	( or full-size for un-docked case [1] )

	b) 'preferred_width/height' properties
		these give the normal size of the widgets, given
	infinite space - as normally in size_request.

	The dock of course, uses these two to a) ensure there is always enough
space for the popout - and hence that we never size_allocate less then
was size_requested, and b) can use the preferred_width/height to juggle
the remaining space in a constrained space situation.

	I was wondering how this was intended to be achieved with the
GtkToolbar ? - it looks (on a very casual glance) as if your
size_allocate always returns b) and there is no way to get a), and it is
expected that people allocate less size than is requested routinely (?).

	Thanks,

		Michael.

[1] - something we'll have to worry about in the dock I guess.
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot