Re: A new signal for the GtkFileChooser interface

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 13:51, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
> > Allowing the user to enter wildcards is a bit strange. But in any
> > case, the selection-changed signal should do what you want as long
> > as the file selector is in save mode. (should as in "is supposed to",
> > I don't know if it actually does curently.)
>
> I think that emitting the selection-changed signal when the filename
> entry changes is the right thing to do, however it isn't emitted at the
> moment.

I don't think the file chooser is the best user interface for this kind
of thing.  Maybe you could have something to select between wildcards
among directories and specific files?  The latter could indeed use the
file chooser, perhaps in multiple-selection mode.

  Federico