Re: File chooser API for formats in Save mode
- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, GTK+ development mailing list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: File chooser API for formats in Save mode
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:17:17 -0500
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 04:12:22PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:
> > 3.1) We should display filename == 'foo' rather than 'foo.xls'
> > if the extension matches the extension for the currently
> > selected type.
> Why is that? I don't understand how this could be more helpful than
The goal was to have a clear separation between a user calling the
file 'foo' and using the extension associated with the type, and the
user calling the file 'foo.xls' and not allowing the app to change
> > Do we really need more than one extension
> > per type ? An xls is different from an xlt
> A ".tiff" is the same type as ".tif"
] [Thread Prev