Re: File chooser API for formats in Save mode

Hi,

Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:

>     3.1) We should display filename == 'foo' rather than 'foo.xls'
> 	 if the extension matches the extension for the currently
> 	 selected type.

Why is that? I don't understand how this could be more helpful than
confusing.

>        Do we really need more than one extension
> 	 per type ?  An xls is different from an xlt

A ".tiff" is the same type as ".tif", just like ".jpeg" and ".jpg" or
".html" and ".htm".  There are three different extensions in use for
the portable anymap file format, four for SGI image files and even
five for Alias|Wavefront pix/matte files, I could expand this list
further but I think you get the point.

Sven