Re: 2.4 meeting summary (2004-02-23)

Hi,

Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com> writes:

> Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
>
> > Has this new design been discussed here? In my opinion it's even worse
> > than what we had in CVS a week ago. This new design with the lack of a
> > folder view is completely unusable. I would even go so far to say that
> > apps should better stay with the current GtkFileSelection dialog.
> > My main concern is however that I find it very frustrating that such
> > decisions are made completely off-list.
>
> Do you mean folder_mode?  That view isn't specified in the design doc,
> and is a little broken in the current implementation.  But it hasn't
> gone away.

Actually I was trying to write "the lack of an entry widget" but at
the same time I was time thinking how I liked the old folder pane and
my fingers typed that then. I am aware that there's a folder mode and
I think I can live with the mixed folder/file view so that's not my
point. I do miss the entry however and I don't think that the very
well hidden Ctrl-L feature is an acceptable solution.

Sven