Re: exported symbols from private headers

Am Sa, den 21.02.2004 schrieb Owen Taylor um 14:52:
> On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 06:51, Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:
> > Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >
> > >Here is a (probably incomplete) list of symbols from uninstalled headers
> > >which are still exported from libgtk. I wonder if we should do anything
> > >about these?
> > >
> > <skipped>
> >
> > It would be nice to have public gtk_hsv_to_rgb() and gtk_rgb_to_hsv()
> > functions. They're
> > useful for special color operators. I'm using them since 2.0.x...
>
> If you use functions not in public GTK+ headers, *EXPECT* that your
> application will stop functioning at some point.
>
> I don't see how these functions fit into the general role of GTK+,
> so I don't think we should make them public either.

Do you think we should take steps to stop exporting them ?
We could either

a) change the regexp for non-exported symbols
b) _-prefix all functions from private headers

Option a) sounds difficult and hard to maintain, while b) may involve a
fair amount of (trivial) sed action.

Matthias