Re: File name encoding and GTK ABI compatibility on Win32
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Mike Hearn <mike navi cx>
- Cc: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- Subject: Re: File name encoding and GTK ABI compatibility on Win32
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:38:26 +0100
Le lundi 06 décembre 2004 à 11:16 +0000, Mike Hearn a écrit :
> > I don't see constraining ourselves to support compile-on-newer
> > run-on-older. There's a lot of useful stuff that that prohibits.
> How does it prohibit anything? All that needs to be done is making the
> new functionality opt-in. Windows has used this technique succesfully
> for years.
It depends on what you mean by successfully. If you mean successfully
piling layers of API in the name of backward compatibility without ever
cleaning behind, you're right.
] [Thread Prev