Re: Deferencing type-punned pointers, and how to stop gcc giving youa warning

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:41:01AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> -ansi breaks a ton of stuff.  We want to be able to use GCC extensions
> where available.  The best way in my opinion is to use -std=c89, along
> with -Wall -Werror and a bunch of other -Wblah flags.

Please do not use -Werror.  There are many instances where slight
platform differences (different distros, different versions of
distros etc) will cause warnings.  It also removes the possibility
of using gcc's #warning during development.