Re: OpenGL support in GTK+

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:21:45PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Please don't get me wrong. I believe that it should be easy to
> integrate 3D into your GTK+ application and I would welcome if there
> was an officially supported GTK+ GL widget library, but I don't think
> that it should be part of GTK+ itself.
>

> Sven

I'm starting to agree with this; there doesn't seem to be an important
point for including OpenGL support with GTK+. I doubt anyone minds too
much having to download a separate library to get OpenGL support.

Perhaps it would be better to just point people to GtkGLExt and
encourage them to use it, instead of including something with GTK+.

--
Josh Beam
http://joshbeam.com/