Re: RFP: File chooser user interface

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:26:24PM +0100, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> I confess I didn't do a study on it. My reasoning was simply:
>
> - Users will want to open a file using the fastest, most convenient
>   method.
>
> - GTK's file chooser is unlikely to make a better file finder than a
>   dedicated filer.

	Once a DND location is available, people will use it.  Once I
have Gimp open, if I happen to browse in Nautilus, I'll drag the image
to Gimp rather than going the extra step to fire up Gimp's open dialog.
I do the same thing on OS X with the Photoshop icon on the launcher.
	DND vs Open Dialog is really all about which is in front of you.
That changes from moment to moment, so you support both.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #450

	"Don't be afraid to say, 'I need help.'"

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org