Re: RFP: File chooser user interface

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 05:16, Thomas Leonard wrote:

> I won't talk about Open dialogs. I guess most people open files from their
> filemanager, drag-and-drop to the application, or use cut-and-paste.
> Having a separate dialog for this seems unnecessary, but could be useful
> in emergencies as an expert feature, I suppose.

Speaking only for my own work habits, I've never opened a file using
drag and drop or cut and paste, and only *very* rarely open from the
file manager.  In other words, I almost exclusively use Open dialogs.

Do I think this is common?  No.  Do I think this is uncommon?  No.
Honestly, I have no idea either way.  :)  Are there any studies on this,
because it seems unsafe to make assumptions on the matter.

--
Matthew Berg <galt gothpoodle com>