Re: [Usability] Re: RFP: File chooser user interface

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 18:25, Benjamin Kahn wrote:

> 	I find version (2) to be quite difficult to use.  I never remember
> which keys cancel the completion, for example.

I always liked it when Nautilus (dunno if it still does) and Galeon did
it.
Basically as you typed it completed as much as it could for you, and it
was selected, so that if you pressed any key the completed stuff would
be overwritten, and if you pressed the arrow key, the completed bit was
accepted and the cursor moved to the end of the text.

Seemed to work quite well for me, maybe it didn't for others.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"