Re: [Usability] Re: RFP: File chooser user interface

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 17:20, Magnus Bergman wrote:

> It has come to my knowledge that there is a minority of users who make
> heavy use of the auto completion feature. So I've been that convinced
> that it must stay. But I'd like it to be disabled by default (so the tab
> key works as expected).

Agree the Tab key ought to work for navigation by default, but there are
ways to do auto-completion without without using the Tab key, e.g. like
it's done in most browsers' address bars these days.  Not suggesting
that's necessarily the way to go, but having hidden/advanced features in
something that should be as simple as a file dialog sounds a bit scary
to me :)

Cheeri,
Calum.