Re: Another file selector dialogs proposal
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: "Ian J. Maddison" <ijm26 cam ac uk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: Another file selector dialogs proposal
- Date: 12 Sep 2003 17:21:58 -0400
Really, someone needs to do the task analysis! There's no way to compare
these proposals right now.
If you have tasks split into frequent by many/etc. you can analyze each
proposal in terms of whether frequent by many is visible/few-clicks,
etc. At least it's some sort of methodology, gives a sanity check if not
a substitute for design taste.
See Isaacs and Walendowski book.
On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 12:08, Ian J. Maddison wrote:
> I posted some screenshots of some dialogs I put together yesterday, but
> I've had another look today and come up with something that I think is
> better. I've written a fair bit of justification about my design choices
] [Thread Prev