Re: GtkFileChooser API work [getting OT]
- From: iain <iain prettypeople org>
- To: Hongli Lai <h lai chello nl>
- Cc: Ryan McDougall <ryan mcdougall telusplanet net>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkFileChooser API work [getting OT]
- Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:36:36 +0100
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:23, Hongli Lai wrote:
> Keep this in mind: the only thing intuitive is a nipple. Everything else is
> *learned*. You only think .etc is confusing until you've learned it. Win95
> confused the hell out of me the first time I used it.
Exactly, so why should we make a system that is confusing?
> etc: Etcetera (configuration files)
> var: Variable data, like the printer spooler
> usr: Unix System Resources
Still one thing remains
How did you get from etc to configuration files?
All I can think of is it means "and other stuff"
But then anything could go in there, and thats clearly what /home is for
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"
] [Thread Prev