Re: Patch for gdk/linux-fb/gdkmouse-fb.c to provide GDK_MOUSE_DEVICE
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Marc Welz <marc openfuel com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Eric Warmenhoven <eric warmenhoven org>
- Subject: Re: Patch for gdk/linux-fb/gdkmouse-fb.c to provide GDK_MOUSE_DEVICE
- Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:35:50 -0400
On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 10:07, Marc Welz wrote:
> Attached is a tiny patch to allow users to set the mouse
> device file for the linux frame buffer. Useful if you
> happen to have a USB mouse or if you want to chose between
> export GDK_MOUSE_TYPE=imps2
> export GDK_MOUSE_DEVICE=/dev/input/mice
Sounds reasonable; unfortunately, the linux-fb port is basically
unmaintained these days. Eric Warmenhoven did some work on it
last year, but I believe he has moved on to other things.
Why don't you put your patch in bugzilla, as described in the
GTK+ README file? I can't promise a fast response, but we'll
try to get it applied sometime soon.
But be careful, if you submit a couple more patches, we might
just give you CVS access and declare you the new linux-fb
> Patch is against gtk 2.2.3. I am unsure about style - I
> used char, but should I have used gchar ?
Yes, you need to use gchar.
] [Thread Prev