Re: a 32-bit visual (8-bit alpha) for Keith Packard's composite X11 extensions.

Around 14 o'clock on Nov 17, Owen Taylor wrote:

> It shouldn't be hard, no. But is there a point without more
> comprehensive support? When would windows/pixmaps with this visual
> be created? (GTK+ assigns visuals to pixmaps on the client side.)

Because then I could run metacity with ARGB visuals; right now, I get the
title text and a few random pieces of the decorations for ARGB windows.
It's amusing, but somewhat less that entirely useful.

But, perhaps just using cairo will be better;  we've a bit of performance
work to do before that's a reasonable choice though.

-keith