Re: abort in gmessages.c

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 17:52, Owen Taylor wrote:
> What we try to do in such cases is detect the problems early
> enough that we can harmlessly return and leave things in
> a sane state, with a g_warning() to alert the programmer
> that that there is a bug they need to fix.
>
> Can you patch GtkTextBuffer to do that in this case?

We are certainly puting in place some tests that the (line, column) pair
is valid.
I am not sure however why the gtktextbuffer would raise a fatal error in
such a case. It could print a warning and then default to the last
character on the line for instance. That would seem more user-friendly,
I believe.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Emmanuel