Re: abort in gmessages.c

> g_error() is used only in cases where a fatal, unhandlable
> error occurs.
>
> If you find a place where g_error() is used for an error
> that could be reasonably handled by an application, it's
> worth a bug report, because we should look whether
> we need to enhance the API in that error.

Sorry, I should have provided more context.
This occurs with errors in gtktextbuffer.c, when an invalid byte index
is specified. For instance, we use this to highlight the contents of
lines, and unfortunately, we currently have some bugs in there,
resulting in invalid byte index (after the end of the line). Obviously,
highlighting is not critical, and doing nothing in such cases would be
better than crashing the editor, with possibly unsaved changed in it.

Obviously, we are working on fixing these bugs, but we all know how they
tend to come back behind your back...

Emmanuel