a request for your input

Hi All,

I'm from the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), where
we're conducting a serious, large-scale survey of open source developers
called "The Free/Libre/Open Source Software Survey for 2003" (FLOSS-US).
The survey's part of a larger project researching the economic organization
and viability of open source software, backed by a grant from the National
Science Foundation.

Around 1300 developers have responded so far, including 320 from North
America, 660 from Western Europe, and the rest from Russia, Latin America,
Australia, India, East Asia, and elsewhere.  If you have any time to spare
and have not already completed our questionnaire, we would really appreciate
your input.  The questionnaire can be completed at:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/floss-us/.

I sincerely apologize for the spammish nature of this e-mail -- I don't mean
to abuse this list.  We're trying hard to collect responses from as many
open source developers as possible, and a mailing list like this can be the
only way to reach many developers.

Thanks very much,
Andrew Waterman
andrew waterman stanford edu