building glib without iconv

I'm trying to compile glibc for an embedded device and have no need for iconv
support. ./configure --help lists:

  --with-libiconv=no/gnu/native use the libiconv library

When I do ./configure --with-libiconv=no I still get:

configure: error: *** No iconv() implementation found in C library or libiconv

So how can I build glib without iconv?

--
Jason Bodnar
jason shakabuku org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"