Re: Progress on GtkFileChooser

Hi!

>  - Network URI's for GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS ... there is a need to tie
>    every URI back to a file system root, at least for the sample
>    chooser user interface with the tree. (And for sanity, in general.)
>
>    Probably the right way to do this is to have a special root - say
>    'network-servers:' that has as children the toplevel URI for every
>    referenced network folder:
>
>     network-servers:
>       http://www.gnome.org/
>       ftp://ftp.gnome.og
>
>    Or whatever.

(Disclaimer: I have not seen gnomevfs
for very long time).

You might want to use mc's convention,
where you have /#ftp:ftp.gnome.org/.
You can't really bring http into picture
as http does not have a notion of directory
listing.

You can't really have
/network-servers/ftp://ftp.gnome.org, as
it would mean that pressing UP arrow in
it would put you into /n*s/ftp:. Ouch.

Also mc has sane ability to work with
archives. tar:bar/baz/baf.tar/foo is not
reasonable syntax; /bar/baz/baf.tar#utar/foo is.
(Because if bar is tar archive and baf.tar
is normal directory...)
				Pavel
--
				Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...