Re: Progress on GtkFileChooser

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 23:26, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> > I've just imported a bunch of code and header files
> > into the gtkfilechooser/ module in GNOME CVS.
> >
> <snip>
>
> You missed one question - why isn't this in libegg ?
>
> Anyway, checking it out now.

Oh, yeah, I meant to include that one:

 - Laziness

 - The need to move the egg file selector stuff out of the
   way first.

 - Didn't want to make libegg depend on GLib HEAD and
   patches not even in CVS yet.

 - The feeling that it wouldn't be very useful for people
   to use in the libegg cut-and-paste fashion because of
   the dependency on newer-than-GLib-HEAD and because
   when it becomes remotely stable we'll probably move
   it into GTK+ directly.

But that isn't to say that I disapprove of putting candidate
GTK+ stuff into libegg ... I think it is a very good thing
in general.