Re: GtkTreeView column-chooser dialog
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkTreeView column-chooser dialog
- Date: 07 Mar 2003 12:17:16 +0100
Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com> writes:
> I'd like to add a new dialog to GTK+.
please, don't continue to do the same mistake over and over again.
A toolkit should not provide dialogs for special purposes. It should
provide widgets. Leave it up to the application developer to embed
that widget into a dialog. If you insist, you can add a convenience
function that creates a dialog with the widget packed into it, but
please provide a way to create the standalone widget.
This mistake has been done before (see GtkInputDialog and
GtkFileSelection) and it has bitten us (the GIMP developers) every so
] [Thread Prev