Re: patch to build glib with automake 1.6/1.7

Owen Taylor wrote:
[snip]

I just attached the second revision of my patch on bug 74706 at:
   http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=14708

This version fixes most of Owen's suggestions, and includes a fuller ChangeLog.

This patch includes a few more modifications to the configure.in file:

   * use AC_HELP_STRING() to format help messages for --with-* and
     --enable-* arguments.
   * use quadrigraphs to get square brackets to display in help messages
   * use AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([glibconfig.h], ...) for the commands that
     handle outputting glibconfig.h.  This means that you can call
     "./config.status glibconfig.h" to rebuild it.
   * Add an AC_CONFIG_FILES() call in an "if false" block.  This lists
     things like the makefile.mingw files, etc.  This way they don't
     get built when you run config.status with no arguments (as
     before), but Automake will automatically generate rules to rebuild
     them.  This allowed me to remove a fair number of Makefile.am
     rules which simplified things.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au