Re: saving ICOs

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 14:04, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Am Son, 2003-06-29 um 19.39 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> > > Thanks for the pointer. So it is possible to create RGBA cursors on
> > > Windows without loading them from a file, nice. But is the same true for
> > > animated cursors ? I've only found LoadCursorFromFile for that so we
> > > will still need to be able to save .ANI files (and thus ICO embedded in
> > > them) for animated cursors.
> >
> > I sort of hate to bring it up at this point (though better now than
> > later). But perhaps we should just skip gdk_cursor_new_from_pixbufs()?
> >
> >  - It's not supported for classic X cursors
>
> I don't see how this is relevant, considering that RGBA is also
> not supported for classic X cursors.

Well, the less optional features we have, the better.

> >  - It will require a hideous hack on windows
>
> Well, using a temp file is certainly not very nice, but "hideous" ?
> Several gdk-pixbuf loaders currently use temp files when loading
> images... admittedly, we would have to add gdk_pixbuf_animation_save().

It's "hideous" for pixbuf loaders too, IMO. Sometimes "hideous"
hacks are acceptable when there is no better way to do things. But
I can't really evaluate whether it's worth it in this case, because
I have no idea what gdk_cursor_new_from_pixbufs() is for.

Regards.