Re: saving ICOs

Around 21 o'clock on Jun 29, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Ah, I see. Xcursor could equally "support" animated cursors on top of
> legacy X servers by using timeouts to XSetCursor repeatedly on the
> client side, although I guess it could be difficult to integrate that
> with the clients mainloop...

Yeah, that's why I stuck animated cursors into the server -- too much
bother to hack the clients in this way.  The obvious 'solution' would be
to use a separate thread, but I thought that would be rather error prone.

So, instead, animated cursors are 'emulated' by just displaying the first
image.  Again, 'good' cursor themes might want to ensure that the first
iamge in an animation is sensible when displayed alone.

-keith