Jumping mouse cursor

	Hi,

	I'm looking for an implementation of a simple idea that
greatly improves the mouse usage. I'm probably not using the proper
keywords: I'm convinced that the idea was already discussed but could
not find the corresponding threads.

	Here is a simple example illustrating the idea. An application
window (let say dvdrip) contains a lot of space where the mouse can do
nothing (informative messages or just blank space). The toolkit knows
which areas of the window will respond to a mouse event (menus, text
areas, menu tabs, ...). When the mouse is moved by the user, the
toolkit interpolates the direction in which the mouse is moved and
directly jumps to the first window area.

	In other words, the toolkit constraints the mouse to window
areas where it can act. In order to do that it jumps from one target
to the other by interpolating the direction in which the mouse is
moved by the user.

	I'd very much appreciate if people can point me to resources
or code implementing this idea (using GTK or another toolkit). Although
a simple implementation could be done in days, figuring out the details
that would make it really confortable to use is complex.

	Thanks in advance,

--
Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic dachary org
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.eucd.info/      loic eucd info