rational behind gdkconfig.h and glibconfig.h location

Hi,

Could someone tell me what's the rational behind location of  :

gdkconfig.h in  $INSTALL_DIR/lib/gtk-2.0/include
and
glibconfig.h in  $INSTALL_DIR/lib/glib-2.0/include

Why are they in the lib directory as oppose to the normal include directory ?

Has it something to do with machine specific settings ?

       Thanks in advance,

           Erwann

--
Erwann Chénedé, Sun Microsystems, Ireland
         from Grenoble, France